Yoga for Seniors
How to Purchase a DVD
1. By Mail Send a check or money order for $18.00 ($15.00 for the DVD + $3.00 for
postage), made out to Jane Adams, to the address below. Please make sure you print
clearly which DVD you would like, the address you would like the DVD sent to, and a
phone number I can reach you if there are questions. Call me if you have any questions:
1401 4th Ave W
Kalispell, MT 59901
2. Purchase one at www.amazon.com You can simply search for Jane Adams Yoga
DVD's, and all three of my DVD's will come up. You can read the reviews and purchase it
with a credit card through Amazon's secure site.
Stronger Standing Balance
Yoga for Seniors is a gentle yoga practice that will:
* strengthen the entire body
* improve balance
* increase range-of-motion & flexibility
* Improve posture, breathing and overall wellness
Based on a popular class at the Buffalo Hills Terrace
Assisted Living, this DVD will benefit seniors with a
wide range of needs and abilities.
The DVD has two, 35 minute sections: A live yoga
class with seniors ranging from 73-92, and an
instructor only version. Both teach the same 40
safe, easy -to follow movements, all done either
sitting in a chair, or standing alongside a chair.
The goal of this DVD is to help seniors live a fuller, more independent life. Special emphasis is
placed on increasing strength and flexibility in the muscles and joints most needed in performing
everyday tasks. For example, we do many movements that will:
* Strengthen the feet, ankles and legs to improve balance and help avoid falls;
* Strengthen the legs and hips, for greater mobility in getting up and down from chairs; and in and
out of cars
* Increase range of motion in the shoulders, arms and hands, for greater ease in performing
everyday tasks such as getting dressed and doing housework.
Full deep breathing is emphasized throughout. Dr. Lisa Fleisher thought it was so good she
bought 100 copies to give to her patients. It will leave you feeling both relaxed and energized.
This DVD is designed for people in mid-life
(40's -70's) to help maintain or regain youthful strength,
flexibility, balance, good posture, and a relaxed body
You'll learn to practice over 60 yoga poses safely
and effectively. The poses flow seamlessly one to
another at an easy-to-follow pace to make the most
of your exercise time.
You will be challenged in an appropriate, safe way
while experiencing all the wonderful benefits of yoga.
Clear instruction and demonstrations make this
perfect for beginners.
The DVD has 5 completely different sections:
Full body warm-up (20 minutes) Perfect for early morning when you're still, or evening to help
you unwind. All poses are done lying on your back. Many movements are done in coordination
with the breath to encourage full, slow, deep breathing to help you relax.
Balances and Standing Poses (33 minutes) Strong feet, ankles and legs and a good sense of
balance are essential for an active life, and help cultivate confidence and inner strength. Includes
9 movements to strengthen the muscles and sense of balance, 2 traditional yoga balances, a slow
flowing sequence of poses, and 4 traditional standing poses.
Upper body (13 minutes) Movements for the torso, neck, shoulders, arms, wrists and hands to
help relieve tension in the shoulders and upper back, and increase upper body strength and range
of motion. All movements are done seated in a chair to allow you to focus on your upper body.
Torso and Leg Strength & flexibility (20 minutes) Includes a wide variety of poses to strengthen
the core muscles and move the spine in all directions, and forward bends to stretch the legs and
hips and help quiet the mind. All poses are done on the floor, either seated, kneeling, or lying.
Relaxation 7 minutes) Lie down and enjoy a wonderful guided relaxation.
This unique DVD is designed to help people of almost
all ages improve balance in just a few minutes a day
(This DVD is not appropriate for older, fragile seniors).
Developing a good sense of balance is one of the
most important things you can do to help you live an
active, full life well into old age. Improving your balance
will affect everything you do physically. Balance work
strengthens the feet and ankles, which in turn supports
healthier knees, hips, sacrum and spine. Good balance
helps you move freely, with confidence and grace.
Balance training improves focus and concentration,
enhances athletic performance, and strengthens the
core, legs and hips. And with practice you'll be able to
master yoga balances that once seemed impossible!
There are 7 completely different active sections to give you a variety of ways to improve balance:
* Introduction & Understanding Balance - 10 minutes (not an active practice)
* Awakening the muscles of Balance - 19 minutes (non-balancing floor exercises, foot work)
* Balance Exercises - 14 minutes (many easy balancing exercises)
* Standing poses - 9 minutes (with a focus on strengthening the feet)
* Casual & Freeform Balancing - 3 minutes (fun ways to work on balance during your day)
* Yoga Balances, Level One - 17 minutes (easy supported versions of classic yoga balances)
* Yoga Balances, Level Two - 27 minutes (classic versions and variations of Level 1 poses)
* Yoga Balances, Level Three - 12 minutes (a challenging flow sequence of balance poses)
* Relaxation - 6 minutes
Research shows that balance can be improved at any age, and the earlier you start, the better!
Please scroll to the very bottom for ordering information
This page has info on the first three DVD's I made. To see my latest 2 DVD's:
Gentle Yoga: 7 practices for your day (filmed in Glacier National Park), and
Yoga for Seniors (2nd edition): 3 complete practices for different levels of ability
Please visit JaneAdamsYoga